Written by Harriet Zuidland. Last updated: January 7, 2020
The Voys Webphone is an softphone that enables you to call with your Chrome browser. With this Webphone you make and receive calls via the browser. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to get the Webphone working on your computer.
Setting up the plugin account in Freedom
- Log in to Freedom
- Click on Admin.
- Click on Users.
- Click on the user (e-mail address) or create a new user by clicking on the blue Add button.
- Go to the Telephony Settings tab.
- At Webphone account you select the VoIP account you want to use for your Webphone.
- If you no longer have a free VoIP account click on + New VoIP account to create a new VoIP account.
- Go to Wephone.
- Select under Outgoing number for the webhone the outgoing number for your plugin. If you select Don’t change you’re outgoing number is the same as the selected number under the linked VoIP-account.
Once you have completed these steps in Freedom you can install the Webphone plugin in your Chrome browser.
Finally, installing the Webphone
- You can find the Webphone here.
- Log in with your username and password (same details used when logging in to Freedom).
- Click on Log in.
- Click on Begin.
- Click on Let’s start.
- In the step Select a VoIP account, choose the VoIP account that is available for the Webphone plugin as configured in Freedom earlier.
- Click on Allow in the popup: webphone.voys.nl wants to Show notifications.
- Click on Allow in the popup: webphone.voys.nl wants to Use your microphone.
- After this step you can select the right Audio Settings. Before proceeding, make sure your headset is connected so the plugin can detect the right microphone and speaker settings.
- Click Complete to complete the installation.
You can use the Webphone in your internet browser or install it on your computer.
- Click right on the 3 dots in your web browser.
- Click on Install Voys Webphone.
- Click on Install.
- The Webphone now opens in a separate screen.
You can now make and receive calls on your computer / laptop.
Click here for an explanation on how the Webphone works.